Sunday, February 7, 2010

Checking out the Town

Things are definitely coming together here in Vancouver! I arrived on Thursday and am staying at Team Processing at the Delta Airport Hotel. All U.S. athletes and coaches stay at Team Processing for 24 hours before heading off to the Athlete Village.

My roommate at the Delta is my good friend Jill Baker. She’s working in apparel distribution at Team Processing, which I’ll write about tomorrow. She pretty much gets to play Santa to the athletes! Here we are hamming it up yesterday, pretending to be skiers of some sort…


In between my PR responsibilities here I was able to go check out Vancouver yesterday – my first venture outside of the hotel! Here are some photos previewing what’s to come…


The Richmond Oval, where long track speed skating is taking place. This was taken from across the river.



The entrance to the Main Press Center, where I will work from once the Games get started.


View from outside the Main Press Center, right on the water.


Inside USA House, our sponsor and hospitality lounge.


But I’m getting ahead of myself; all of that starts up in a week. In the meantime, it’s all Team Processing, all the time. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Hickory said...

So excited you are blogging again Lindsay! I love reading about your experience(s)... I live vicariously through you! We miss you already here in Boulder - we love you!